文档介绍:Murphy’s Law,不管是译为墨菲法则、莫非定理、还是摩菲定理什么都好。这是西方世界常用的俚语,其主要装成无关紧要的人,敌人可能子弹不多,不想浪费在你身上。
8. If at first you don’t eed, call in an air strike.
如果你的攻击没成功,马上呼叫空袭支援吧。
9. If you are forward of your position, your artillery will fall short.
每当你展开进攻时,炮兵往往也用完了炮弹。
10. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
永远别跟比你勇敢的战友呆在同一个散兵坑里。
11. Never go to bed with anyone crazier than yourself.
永远别跟比你疯狂的人一起睡觉。
12. Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
永远别忘了你手上的武器是由出价最低的承包商中标制造的。
13. If your attack is going really well, it’s an ambush.
如果你的攻击进行得很顺利,那一定是你中了圈套。
14. The enemy diversion you’re ignoring is their main attack.
那支你以为是敌军疑兵而不加注意的部队其实是进攻主力。
15. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions: a. When they’re ready. b. When you’re not. 敌人总会在以下两种情况发生时展开攻击:1)他们准备好的时候;2)你没准备好的时候。
16. No OPLAN ever survives initial contact.
任何作战计划在接敌之后都会变成废纸。(早期33条翻译版本译为“交火”,但contact在美军用语里指“发现敌踪”,不一定是双方的,有时也只是单方的。)
17. There is no such thing as a perfect plan.
完美的计划是不存在的。
18. Five second fuses always burn three seconds.
手榴弹的五秒引信总会在三秒内烧完。
19. There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
散兵坑里不存在无神论者。
20. A retreating enemy is probably just falling back and regrouping.
逃跑的敌军大概只是打算先撤退后反击。
21. The important things are always simple; the simple are always hard.
重要的事情总是简单的;简单的事情总是难以做到的。
22. The easy way is always mine