Part I Listening prehension (20 points, 1 point each)
Directions: In this section, you will hear 7 short conversations and 2 long conversations. At the end of each conversation, one or more questions will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A),B),C) and D) , and decide which is the best answer.
1. A) To the bank. B) To a book store.C) To a shoe store.D) To the grocer’s.
2. A) Near the train station. B) In the countryside.C) In the city. D) Near the workplace
3.A) the choice of courses B) a day course C) an evening course D) their work
4.A) The pear. B) The weather. C) The sea food. D) The cold.
5.A) George’s wife. B) George’s father. C) George’s brother D) George’s wife’s father.
6.A) She is pleased to lend him the car. B) She refuses to lend him the car.
C)She agrees to lend him the car. D) She offers him the car.
7.A ) Policeman and driver.B)Policeman and thief.
C)Teacher and pupil. D)Director and actress.
Questions 8 to 10 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
8. A) Books a room.B) Reserves a room.
C)Confirms his reservation.D) Tells the receptionist he has reserved a room.
9. A) On Tuesday. B) Probably on Thursday.
C)Three days later. D) Probably seven days later.
10. A) At 7. B) At 7:30.C)At 8. D) At 6:30.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
11. A) A conductor and a conductress.B)A bus driver and a conductress.
C) The organizer of the race and a participant.D)A reporter and a conductress.
12. A) A day before the race.B) A day after the race.
C) Right after the race.D) A few hours after the race.
13.A) She won the first prize in the cycle race.
B) She bought the beautiful racing bicycle by collecting money.
C)She was taught to cycle when she was five.
D)She was the first conductress who won a cycle ra