文档介绍：Evaluation Warning : The document was created with Spire.PDF .
9. It is believed that today’s pop music can serve as a creative force ________
stimulating the thinking of its listeners.
10. Just as the soil is a part of the earth, ________ the atmosphere.
[A] as it is
[B] the same as
[C] so is
- 2 -[D] and so is
Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked [A], [B], [C], and
[D]. Identify the part of the sentence that is incorrect and mark your answer on
ANSWER SHEET 1 by blackening the corresponding letter in the brackets with a
pencil. (5 points)
11. The conveniences that Americans desire reflecting [A] not so much a leisurely
[B] lifestyle as a busy lifestyle in which even minutes of time are [C] too
valuable to be wasted [D].
12. In debating one must correct the opponent’s [A] facts, deny the relevance of his
proof, or deny that [B] what [C] he presents as proof, unless [D] relevant, is
13. We are not conscious of [A] the extent of which [B] provides the psychological
satisfaction that [C] can make the difference [D] between a full and an empty
14. The Portuguese give [A] a great deal of credit to one man [B] for having
promoted [C] sea travel, that man was [D] Prince Henry the navigator, who
lived in the 15th century.
15. Accounts of [A] scientific experiments are generally correct for [B] those write
about [C] science are careful in checking [D] the accuracy of their reports.
16. whenever we hear of [A] a natural disaster, even [B] in a distant part of the
world, we feel sympathy [C] for the people to have affected [D].