文档介绍:
e language is spoken.
。
A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.
举荐至少住上半年到一年。
Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.
和以你所学外语为母语的人住在一起或保持互动。
Take content-related courses (. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).
参与一些外语教授的课程(如宏观经济学,政治科学等,而不是单纯的语言课程)。
Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.
在对你的外语水平要求较高的环境里工作。
5. Fine-tune your writing and research skills.
。
Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can “speak” journalese, UNese, legalese, etc.
参与有挑战性的写作课程(不仅仅是创意写作课,而是新闻写作、科技文章写作之类的课程),如此你方能熟识“新闻体”、“联合国体”、“法律体”等等写作风格。
Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).
抄写外语课本和期刊段落。
Make a note of unfamiliar or troublesome grammatical points and work towards mastering them.
把不常用或者易出错的语法点一一登记来,努力驾驭它们。
Practice proofreading.
多做改错练习。
6. Improve your public speaking skills.
。
Take rigorous speech courses.
参与严格的演讲课程。
Practice writing and making presentations in front of other people in both your native and foreign language(s). (Have native speakers of your non-native language edit your speeches.)
多练习写讲稿和在其他人面前做演讲,既要用母语练也要用外语练。(让以你所学外语为母语的人来修改你的讲稿。)
7. Hone your analytical skills.