文档介绍:Fast Food 西式快餐
dialogue 1
C: hey, Tom, did you enjoy your lunch?ﻫ嗨,汤姆,午饭吃的好吗?
T: oh, don't mention it. It was terrible.ﻫ哎,别提了,很糟糕!
C: what' the matter?ﻫ怎么了?
T: the food station was as crowded as usual。 I waited for 20 minutes for my sandwish, and when I finall got it the chicken was underdone。ﻫ快餐店还是那么挤,我点了个炸鸡三明治,等了20分钟,最后里头的炸鸡还是生的。
C: I see. You simply can't blame the server for this。
哦,你也没法责怪服务员.
T: yes, I know. Fast food is so popular in this ,这里快餐太受欢迎了.
C: that’s true.
是啊.
T: anyway, how was your luch, Catherine?ﻫ凯瑟琳,你的午饭怎么样?
C: it was good. I brough lunch from home today。
挺好的,我自己从家里带了饭。
T: you did? I thought you must feel right at home here as we get as many fast food restaurants as you do in America。
真的吗?我以为我们这里和美国一样有很多快餐店,你会觉得像在家一样舒服呢.
C: well, I personally don't like then because i don’t believe they are healthy.
我个人不喜欢去快餐店,我觉得那些食物都不健康.
T: i guess you're right. More often than not, people go there only for convenience. The foods may taste good, but generally speaking, they are high in calories, salt and fat.
,但是卡路里,盐和脂肪的含量太高.
C: yes. I am wondering that you must believe fast food is your lifestyle, don't you?
我在想你是不是觉得快餐就是我们美国人的生活方式?
T: you bet。 Almost all top brands such as McDonald's and KFC are from America。
当然啦,几乎所有的大的快餐店,像麦当劳和肯德基都是美国的。
C: well, actually two—thirds of Americans may avoid these places