文档介绍:But how much more are you, Harvard graduates of 2008, likely to touch other people's lives?
但是,哈佛大学的2008届毕业生们,你们多少人有可能去触及他人的生命?
Your intelligence, your capacity for hard work, the education you have earned and received,
你们的智慧,你们努力工作的能力,以及你们所受到的教育,
give you unique status, and unique responsibilities.
给予你们独特的地位和责任。
Even your nationality sets you apart.
甚至你们的国籍也让你们与众不同,
The great majority of you belong to the world's only remaining superpower.
你们绝大部份人属于这个世界上唯一的超级大国。
The way you vote, the way you live, the way you protest, the pressure you bring to bear on your government, has an impact way beyond your borders.
你们表决的方式,你们生活的方式,你们抗议的方式,你们给政府带来的压力,具有超乎寻常的影响力。
That is your privilege, and your burden.
这是你们的特权,也是你们的责任。
If you choose to use your status and influence to raise your voice on behalf of those who have no voice;
如果你选择利用自己的地位和影响,去为那些没有发言权的人发出声音;
if you choose to identify not only with the powerful, but with the powerless;
如果你选择不仅与强者为伍,还会同情帮扶弱者;
if you retain the ability to imagine yourself into the lives of those who do not have your advantages, then it will not only be your proud families who celebrate your existence,
如果你会设身处地为不如你的人着想,那么你的存在,将不仅是你家人的骄傲,
but thousands and millions of people whose reality you have helped transform for the better.
更是无数因为你的帮助而改变命运的成千上万人的骄傲。
We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside oursel