文档介绍:Story 5 I Don’t Want to Walk Home 
故事五我不想走回家
Tom is a very old man. After dinner, he likes walking in the street. And he goes to bed at seven o’clock.
汤姆是一位老人,他喜欢在晚饭后到大街上散步,在7点回来睡觉。
But tonight, a car stopped at his house. A policeman helps him get out.
但是,今天晚上一辆小汽车停在他家门前,汤姆在一位警察的帮助下走下汽车。
He tells Tom’s wife, “The old man couldn’t find his way in the street. He asked me to take him in the car.”
警察告诉汤姆的妻子:“这位老人在街上迷路了,他让我用汽车送他回来。”
After the policeman leaves there, his wife asks, “Tom, you go to the street every night. But tonight you can’t find the way, what’s the matter?”
警察走后:“汤姆,你每天都到那条街上散步,但是今天你迷路了,你怎么了?”
The old man smiles like a child and says, “I couldn’t find my way? I didn’t want to walk home.”
这位老人像孩子般的笑道:“我迷路了?我是不想走路回家。”
Story 2 Ten Candies 
故事二十块糖
Mother asks her son, “Jim, if you have ten candies, and you eat four, then how many candles do you have?”
妈妈问儿子:“吉姆, 如果你有10块糖,吃了4块,那你还有几块糖?”
“Ten.” Jim says.
“10块。”吉姆说。
“Then,” Mother asks.
“10块?”妈妈问。
“Yes, Mum. Four candles are in my stomach and six candies are out of my stomach. Four and six is ten, isn’t it right?”
“是的,妈妈。因为4块在我的肚子里面,6块在肚子外面,4加6等于10,不对吗?”
Story 5 A Good Boy 
故事五好孩子
Little Robert asked his mother for two cents.
小罗伯特向妈妈要两分钱。
"What did you do with the money I gave you yesterday?"
“昨天给你的钱干什么了?”
"I gave it to a poor old woman," he answered.
“我给了一个可怜的老太婆,”他回答说。
"You're a good boy," said the mother proudly. "Here are two cents more. But why are you so interested in the old woman?"
“你真是个好孩子,”妈妈骄傲地说。“再给你两分钱。可你为什么对那位老太太那么感兴趣呢?”
"She is the one who sells the candy."
“她是个卖糖果的。”
。
Story 4 Are Flies Yummy? 
故事四苍蝇好吃吗?
Tony and his father are eating dinner.
托尼正和他爸爸一起吃晚餐。
Suddenly Tony asks his father, “Dad, are flies yummy?”
突然,托尼问他的爸爸:“爸爸,苍蝇好吃吗?”
Dad frowns and says, “No, I think it’s yucky. Why do you ask me this question? It’s a silly question.”